Resounding victory for the hunger strikers
Palestinian Prisoners’ Committee has signed an agreement with the Israeli prisons’ service to end the 28 day prisoners’ hunger strike.
The agreement contains regulations a pledge to fulfil the main commands of prisoners which are:
· Ending the solitary confinement of all prisoners including Hassan Salama, Ibraheem Hamed and Abdullah al Barghouti.
· Solving the problem of the administrative imprisonment.
· Allowing families of the prisoners from Gaza to visit their sons.
· Stopping the effect of what is known as “Shalit law” which started after the capture of Gilad Shalit.
· Improving imprisonment conditions and returning life as it was before the escalations.
UFree Network has been informed that all prisoners of solitary confinement are going to be out of solitary within 72 hours.
Different sides have exerted much effort to come out with this exalting solution to the prisoners’ hunger strike which fulfils their demands and ends their affliction.
UFree Network played a big role in publicizing this strike on the European arena. The prominent effort was its petition which was forwarded to the European parliamentarians and government officials.
Despite this resounding victory, UFree Network is still decided to carry on its conference "Dying to live" in solidarity with Palestinian political prisoners and detainees in Belfast, Ireland on 19th May 2012 at 1pm.
UFree Network | Media Centre
UFree is an independent European-wide human rights network; set up to defend the rights of Palestinian prisoners and detainees